Will there be a need for a rain dance in cloud computing? Sweet SugarSync and dropped Dropbox

What the heck is this cloud computing? Is it the activity of students needing to practice their maths on the fly or something? Or is it the new task for weather forecasters to make sure their rain prediction work? There is no need for weather mumbo jumbo here or calculating x's or y's.

Cloud computing is the activity that you do in order to make file uploads and file sharing between devices simple and sweet. There is only the act of syncing folders from the device you have up to the internet cloud. I think "cloud" is used because that is what is labeled as a sort of network or something. 

Two cloud computing applications I used in the last 24 hours are: Dropbox and the SugarSync. The former was suggested by a coordinator of real estate projects so that the files shared will always be the latest. I signed up for that to get the files. Its benefits are having free 2GB of space up in the cloud and for every successful referral, I get additional 250K up to a cap of 8GB. I thought it was nifty until my FB friend posted a reply to my Dropbox ravings. Then I learned the fantastic free 5GB for the free accounts in SugarSync. Aint that sweet. For every successful referral to the app, there is additional 500K space for both the suggester and his friend. And no ceiling at all!

Why don't you try sweet SugarSync: http://bit.ly/rwpMSQ

No comments: