Techie me: Back to Windows..liberating!

The label of this article is"Techie me". As if I'm that much of a techie. Well yes, somehow I am but not to the extent that I know all the OSes there are. I own the sleek Acer Aspire TimelineX 3820T which failed me last November. It's not your usual laptop coz it didn't have a built-in DVD reader. Instead of backing up three recovery disks, I backed up only two (maybe due to a quirky external DVD writer?) and when the OS had to be restored I couldn't anymore due to the incompleteness of the restoration.

I decided it was time to rebel against this. Feeling maverick, I switched to freeware Ubuntu. The honeymoon stage lasted only a few days when I experimented with good newbuntu and messed it up.

I vehemently fought the idea of switching back to Windows because I erased the recovery portion in the hard disk and formatted it to non Windows-readable. And being different I thought was cool! After many weeks of hanging on to this idea, I finally made it back to Windows yesterday. Had I stuck with good old Windows I would have been happier.

Stick it out with Windows to avoid future nightmares with Ubuntu. Consult a pro when your laptop or OS are failing you. More often than not, it's caused by what you yourself did. You will save time and effort effortlessly. Just like me, instead of getting immobilized, it will instead be liberating!

No comments: