Is it time to stop being a "Mr. Nice GAL"?

I have credit cards and a good heart. And practicality dictates that if I want to add Mabuhay Miles, I can pay goods and services using my Mabuhay Miles credit card. I have the wanderlust and so the more miles accumulated, the easier it will be to my next travel destination!

Last January I offered to pay for the gadget of my friend, being sure she would not miss in the deferred 6-month 0% payment. Boy, I was so wrong. And I do regret having offered to pay for her in the first place. Maybe I should have done my own credit investigation. During the course of the five months, I accumulated like up to one Globe card worth Php 100 in trying to run after her. She didn't tell me directly she cannot pay for it. Like the first time she passed the buck to her other friend who owed her money, this latter half she was passing the buck to her brother in Canada. Which up to now, there's no update as to the softening of his heart. Oh, and the opposite has just started to happen in my heart! Hay, sigh. Good thing I was able to borrow money. But heck, for these six months, she hasn't paid a single peso for that gadget! Hay, sigh part two. It's showing that my friend is really a "friend".

From this, I learned a valuable lesson. I found out the hard way: it is good to be a "Mr. Nice GAL" (not only in lending money but in other personally rendered services). Though it has its risks. Be careful who you lend money to or else the hand that feeds may be bitten to shreds and thrown to the loan sharks. Ow.

No comments: