A different kind of mix

My friend Nancy's and my favorite halo-halo is Chowking's. I usually order the petite halo-halo as my dessert after the wanton noodles. I discovered the great taste (no, not the coffee) of Chowking halo-halo many, many years ago but this year they made it extra special with the kind of ice shaver they use. (In my previous blog I said I had to fetch money from the house because I leave my moolah there to avoid the temptation to pass by Chowking after schoolwork). The ice shaved is of a finer type and it blends well with the ingredients. This time their ube is softer and smoother in texture. Yummy!

Here comes Goldilocks without the three bears. After the BNR, I walked to where I was eyeing a foreclosed property in M. Antonio at shady barangay Pio del Pilar. At the corner of Pasong Tamo and Lacson (is it?) was the old branch of Goldilocks my family and I used to frequent when I was a kid. It was my chance to try out their version of halo-halo! I wished Nancy was there to try it with me.
It took around ten minutes for it to be served. It was worth the wait. Instead of the halo-halo in the usual parfait glass or bowl, the halo-halo was presented on a plate. The ingredients were enveloped in two thin crepes, and there was a small scoop of ice-cream beside them. The presentation was nice, it really enticed me to eat...this different kind of mix is great! If you happen to pass by a Goldilock's restaurant, try it. I hope you will like it as much as I do.

2 comments:

jowayne said...

haaayyy... miss ko na halo-halo tuloy...

leche flan yummy! =)

tp said...

Miss mo na Pilipinas!