My airport errand last Saturday

After two weeks in Netherlands to parents-sit her 86 and 90 year old Mom and Pop, my housemate flew back to the Philippines. And the lot fell on me to pick her up. Don't get me wrong, I love driving to the airport and observe people arriving from somewhere, and see how they are welcomed by their friends and family. And I just love to see planes take off or land. Last year in Palawan, we stayed at the army camp very near the airport. One would know that a plane has landed because of the approaching sound. 

Take a look and guess which NAIA terminal I was. Maybe the origin of the flight is a give-away. 



Like my own flight abroad last July, the plane was delayed. The 8:45 am arrival became 10:15 am.  Good thing I brought the newspaper. I went to stay in KFC where it was cooler. At 10:15 I packed up (as if) and went back to the greeters' area. There I saw whiteys and moreno-morenas. More than half of the whiteys were blue-eyed! It was entertaining to look into their eyes. Kakaiba.

Here are pix of a long-awaited arrival. I guess the are married or soon to be married or they were newly married but the guy had to go back home and now he's back. Whitey with a morena. Why do they love Filipinas? Because we are a caring bunch! And the white female counterparts are not? Uhmmm...I dunno..





No comments: