Saturday morning outreach!

For the second year in a row, volunteers were provided for DFV Foundation's medicals/story-telling/values seminar for children of San Miguel Elementary School in Pasig. Vergelle et al were not able to make it because they had finals in UP (may they pass each test with flying colors). This time, about a third of my co-volunteers from September Caloocan outreach made it: Marose, Nicca, Kristine, Ivy, Lester, Emem, and Cita.

Like in that outreach, physicians were a scarcity. There were only two from Makati Med. DFV expected 300 primary students to make it, so to share the load (sounds Smart huh) Corito asked me for two nurses to play physicians. Hahaha, to the delight of Kristine of Marose, they played the part so well, the only thing they didn't do was to sign on the prescription pads for the medicines. In DFV's outreach last year, seven physicians made it. This time only two, helped by two newly sworn in registered nurses.

More girl scouts were fielded and they added more fun to the outreach. Continuing my practice of patience, I was about to fume to think of the apparent disorganization of the scouts, of how hello I'm thinking they should have thought about this little thing and that little thing so that this little thing could have gone smoother and that other little thing too. Maybe precisely because I was there, I was there to direct them. And boy was I right. Instead of fuming, I commandeered them hehehe. Of course in a friendly way. I wuz da boss of the steering committee. Hehehe. I just reasoned out hello girl, you're a grown up and they are not. They just need to be guided and prompted what to do because they do not have the bigger picture. (Maybe this thought can help adults to be understanding with children?). Another day to practice patience!

Of course Miss and Corito were there to support us all. John Lloyd was there too.

Pictures to follow. (I tried to cross post from multiply to here? Shutterfly was down. So I opened a photobucket but it's the link that is given, the individual pictures aren't shown..haah..).

No comments: