I love myPhoneClone

Due to business (monkey and otherwise), I chose to buy me a dual sim phone. My sister likes her Samsung <whatevermodelitwas> which she and her hubby bought at at least 10,000 pesos. Like all models, the cost went down by about 30% after it was introduced into the Philippine market. As for me, I am also 95% happy with myPhone...no, make that myPhoneClone!
Last week I went to a cheapo cellpho' place. Not in Greenhills, definitely not in Shangrila, but just across it. Yes, the old Manuela's owned by Senator Manny Villar. I scouted one afternoon for like one and a half hour. Then coming back home I surfed for precisely those phones I narrowed down in my want list. Those were the Jokia (yes, Nokia-not, but just a joke Noke) 5630, and the other model I remember not. I resolved to buy the cheapy 5630 at 2k on the next day.
The next day came and I went back to the same stalls to see if they still remembered me - probably not. It occurred to me there were more stalls on the next half level (like a mezzanine within the same floor? yup, just go up four steps and you're there). I spotted a slim greyshady Nokia - the 6700 clone!! WOW, AMAZING! Like it was the real thing. Instead of a 5630, I went home ELATED with a 6700!!! And it costs 1/7 of the retail price in Europe! It was really a "steal" (at least for me, maybe also for the seller because they might have gotten it at 1/8 the price of the real one). It's one of the latest editions of the Noke. Just released in the second quarter of the year.
The only thing I don't like about it is that with its slimness and narrowness, my many texting might end me up with carpal tunnel syndrome. That's just a possibilty.

No comments: