The saga of the LCD

A month ago my partner sent me a text to say that our client cannot provide an LCD for the teambuilding of the next day. I was short of cursing, what I did was proactive. Of course I had no choice. The LCD was needed for all the presentation-heavy activities. I sent text to an entrepreneur friend and in no time, I had confirmation of delivery to the site the next day. Effortless. Not much of a hassle (the only hassle was that I loaded my phone to text her about the reservation).
Teambuilding happened, and the LCD owner texted she'd pick it up on Tuesday, at the latest. Three Tuesdays passed and the machine was still left untouched, plus the payment in an envelope was lying on the counter nearest the door. 
I grew worried the cash envelope would be missing and so I picked it up and pocketed it for safekeeping.
The fourth Saturday of the machine's domicile, the owner texted to say she's picking it up the next day......hmmm..and I forgot where I placed the payment. I produced another amount and prepared all for pick up the next day. Morning came and I was surprised that it wasn't even 9:00am yet that the owner came and got all. She must have been in a hurry since she didn't see me. It was a mistake. My housemate called to say she wanted to help and picked up the machine for delivery somewhere else. But no one told her to please do that. Besides, the label clearly said it was for the owner. I texted the owner about the mix up and that it could be ready in the pm but it was too late. She was on her way from QC to pick it up. She called my phone and I could hear her breaking voice - out of helplessness and annoyance since she was halfway already. So I promised to get it from where my housemate was, good thing the owner could run an errand and her precious time would not be wasted in waiting.
The LCD was returned at last...but where did I leave the envelope of the original payment...now I remember..I got the content, placed it inside my wallet. Senior moments, really.

No comments: